Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Birds Along the Coast

Saw a flash of yellow disappear into the bushes
last night while taking a walk along the coast.
Waiting patiently for the briefest glimpse, for
this bird is in constant motion, I was able to
take one photo.
It's a yellow warbler.


Such a calm evening...thankful it was cooler
on the coast for the temperatures reached the
mid 80's ...
While gazing at the moon, we watched seabirds
head back to their island for the night.
Here's a cormorant.



...and the night herons are beginning their day...

2 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Nan, cooler here too. That 90-degree heat was just too much.

Great photo of the warbler. I believe I had one here but can't be certain. Like you, I saw a flash of yellow and grabbed my camera. There were a pair but they were in constant motion among the leaves and I never got a good picture or even a clear look at them.

Enjoy your cooler weather.
Marnie

Lori ann said...

I always love coming here and seeing the world through your eyes Nan.
We have had a yellow visitor also, an Oriole(hooded). I've seen him around the neighborhood lately, so i planted some aloe (flowering) and hummingbird sage to entice him to my yard!