Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tenderness


For some time now,
every time I go down the path to my studio,
I've been peering up into our trellis attached to the house
for a glimpse of a mother Mourning Dove and her baby.
I have to find just the right angle in order to see them for they
are very well hidden.




At first I thought there was just one baby and then I saw
another.



Yesterday one baby appeared on the ledge with mom
while the other remained in the nest.

Next time I looked


all three were together on the ledge!

Maybe they are getting ready to fly away...

They sure have touched my heart!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Those are wonderful photos, Nan! I wish we had Mourning Doves out here, I love their voices.

Nan and =^..^= said...

Thanks Victoria,
It's now Weds. am. and I can hear the Mourning Doves calling...as I was on my way to the studio to bring Ellie May (my studio cat) her breakfast, I stopped suddenly for there were the baby doves sitting on the brick pathway...the Mom was further down the path facing them. I hope they will stay safe! I quickly turned around!

Jack Kung said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)