Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ellie May


I was running down the stairs in my studio
ready to head over to the house, when I caught
sight of Ellie May looking so comfy on the couch
with the portrait of her daughter, Polly.
It's been 15 years since Polly and Ellie May
were that close!
Polly lives in the house and Ellie May in the studio.
How we wish they could have continued to be
as comfortable and close to each other
as they were when Polly was a wee kitten.
They were separated when Polly was 8 weeks old
so they never really got to know each other.
Their story is to be continued another time....
in the meantime, here's a glimpse into their past...

2 comments:

JC said...

That's a cool photo ...

Do tell us the story sometime ...

I had a mom cat who had five kittens. I two away and one was given back to me. (I had told them to give the kittens back if needed)

At first, they didn't like that she came back ... it had been a couple of weeks. Hissing etc ... but, I kept trying and they got to like each other ... sort of ... as time went on.

quiltcat said...

How nice to see mother and daughter together that way! it would be even nicer of the two of them could be real life friends with each other.